• Welcome to the Rezl Life Community

A place where we can share ideas, information and experiences.

Rezl is a smartphone app designed to increase resilience in all of us. Visit www.rezl.com.

Anxiety

niki

Staff member
Mood swings, irritability, becoming overwhelmed with our emotions or poor sleep and all signed on increased anxiety. This can progress to paralysing thoughts as we magnify the probability and impact of possible future evens and their impact. Many rezl users tell us that they use the toolbox meditation to avoid becoming overwhelmed like a kind of instant "paracetamol" whenever they feel that they need it. if this is you then try it.
In the longer term MBCT has been shown to be very effective at dealing with anxiety - yet without he addictiveness and side effects of drugs. To gain this benefit you should steadily work you way through the rezl Mindfulness for Resilience programme.
So what makes you anxious and what has help you the most? How has rezl helped you?

eva

There is a link to the "acceptance of emotions" rezl meditation here:

Share it with your friends

katy

I'm a single mum of a 6 month old girl. I am getting more sleep now - but I am very anxious about my baby - will she catch omicron? what happens to her if something happens to me?

rosa

I'm a single mum of a 6 month old girl. I am getting more sleep now - but I am very anxious about my baby - will she catch omicron? what happens to her if something happens to me?
Our emotions are there to protect us - especially when we or those we love are in danger. So of course you will feel anxious if you think there is a threat to you daughter. But if you daughter became ill then you would take her to the doctor right? Yes kids do get omicron - but it is very unlikely to be serious. The nature of anxiety is that we catastrophise our worries about the future.. about events that may never happen and if they did we could deal with them. You're a caring loving Mom. yet by becoming more mindful you will start to set aside emotional thoughts where there is no immediate action for you to take. If you become overwhelmed then try the mediation above. I still worry about my kids now - and they are well into their twenties! But I don't let it send me into a panic.

katy

Our emotions are there to protect us - especially when we or those we love are in danger. So of course you will feel anxious if you think there is a threat to you daughter. But if you daughter became ill then you would take her to the doctor right? Yes kids do get omicron - but it is very unlikely to be serious. The nature of anxiety is that we catastrophise our worries about the future.. about events that may never happen and if they did we could deal with them. You're a caring loving Mom. yet by becoming more mindful you will start to set aside emotional thoughts where there is no immediate action for you to take. If you become overwhelmed then try the mediation above. I still worry about my kids now - and they are well into their twenties! But I don't let it send me into a panic.
Thanks Rosa.