• Welcome to the Rezl Life Community

A place where we can share ideas, information and experiences.

Rezl is a smartphone app designed to increase resilience in all of us. Visit www.rezl.com.

Stress and Pressure

niki

Staff member
It's a very stressful world that we live in. There are pressures at work and at home... pressure to get things done, to make decisions or to avoid mistakes. The rezl toolbox has a tutorial and a mediation to help you to deal with stress and pressure - so that you are able to reset the expectations of others... and of yourself - and so that you can avoid becoming overwhelmed. Remember to show yourself the compassion that you would show to others.
Please share what stresses you and if you have found any successful ways to reduce the stress in your life.

will

My biggest source of stress is my boss. He always wants things done yesterday and I feel I just don't have the time to do a good job - I worry that the quality of my work will be criticised.

rosa

My biggest source of stress is my boss. He always wants things done yesterday and I feel I just don't have the time to do a good job - I worry that the quality of my work will be criticised.
When your boss gives you the task you should say - "look if you want it by x day then I can only do this - if you want me to do more then I need to be given more time."
If he needs it tomorrow then that is his problem - you can only do what you can do! Of course you should always try to deliver what you agree to do - but you shouldn't agree to do things that cannot be done.
If he continues to be unreasonable then you may have to move on; but try and give him choice over two options - quick and dirty... or a bit longer but better quality. In the end no one likes doing poor quality work - and if that is his preference you may need to move on.

alf

I am wondering if MBCT can help me to deal with the attitude of my employers - they just seem to push for more and more.

eva

I am wondering if MBCT can help me to deal with the attitude of my employers - they just seem to push for more and more.
MBCT will enable you to stand back from such requests - you can think about the pressure that your boss is under. Why is he acting like this?
Maybe you could say: look I can see that you are being pushed for more and more - and that must be stressful for you - yet simply passing that pressure is not helping any of us. Can we figure out what can and cannot be achieved and then make a proposal for working though the goals in a realistic time frame?
It may be that he/she is open to such an approach or not - if necessary you will need to escalate things; yet if they don't change then is it the right role for you?